Tenants Information

Residential Tenants Information

Helpful Rental Information

  • Rental Process
    • Searching for a rental property
    • Search for a rental property by visiting:
      1. MACBAR Property Management Website – Properties for Lease
      2. Realestate.com.au
      3. Domain.com.au
  • Applying for a Residential property
  • You are required to provide:
    • Fill out form – Residential Tenancy Application
    • Current and previous addresses
    • Current and previous rental histories
    • Current and previous employment histories
    • References
    • Next of kin details
    • 100 Points of Identification, this includes compulsory proof of income and photo ID.
One application per person (over the age of 18 years) is required when applying to rent a property. NB: If your Tenancy Application is approved, your Property Manager will arrange a suitable time to meet with you and sign your new Lease Agreement.

What is a Tenancy Bond?

A rental bond is a security deposit a tenant pays at the start of a tenancy. It is held by the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority (RTBA) and is paid back to the tenant at the end of the tenancy provided no money is owed to the property manager/owner for rent, damages or other costs.
Services & Utilities

It is the Tenants responsibility to arrange for connections and disconnection of all services to your home.  Please see below the following services that you can contact:

All Connections Direct Connect 1300 664 715
Telephone Telstra 13 22 00
Gas Energy Australia 13 34 66
Water City West Water 132 642
Electricity Energy Australia 13 34 66
During Tenancy
  • Paying Rent
    • Rental payments can be paid Weekly/ Fortnightly /Monthly via EFT
  • Periodic Inspections
    • All inspections are conducted every 6 months. A completed report with photos will be provided to the Landlord.
  • Repairs & Maintenance
    • Keeping your property in excellent condition is absolutely critical in attracting and retainingquality tenants.
We have an extensive database of various tradesmen in Melbourne. All our tradesmen are carefully selected for their reliability, trustworthiness, turnaround time, and competitive pricing.
Ending a Tenancy Agreement
A tenancy agreement can only be ended in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1997. There are three main ways to end a tenancy:
  1. All the parties can agree to end the tenancy.
  2. Your landlord or agent gives you a valid ‘Notice to Vacate’.
  3. You give valid notice to your landlord or agent that you intend to vacate.
Even if a tenancy has a fixed end date, notice must be given to end it. For further details regarding Ending a Tenancy Agreement, refer to www.consumer.vic.gov.au
  • Commonly used Tenant Forms
    • Maintenance Repair Request
    • Notice of Intention to Vacate
    • Routine Inspection Checklist
    • Picture Hook Request Form
    • Foxtel, NBN, Telephone Installation Form
  • Tenant Information Pack
    • MACBAR Tenancy Information
    • Consumer Affairs Victoria – Renting – A Guide for Tenants